Join some of the world’s best problem-solvers, pioneers, and out-of-the-box thinkers.
Everspring partners with leading universities to create a new standard of excellence in online education. Our dynamic and innovative team shapes the culture of our company and powers our university partners’ success. We are not a typical online education company – Everspring’s unique approach influences everything we do.
Why Everspring? Everspring's existing portfolio includes a prestigious list of traditional brick-and-mortar institutions. Our technology is top-notch and our reputation for quality is excellent. As a late-stage startup, we are secure in our position with tremendous opportunity for market growth.
Everspring is looking for an energetic, team-oriented VP University Partnerships (Sales) will operate as an individual contributor and be responsible for setting and executing sales strategies and plans for Everspring solution offerings for a specific geographic territory. This role will also be responsible for prospecting, cultivating and establishing new relationships with decision makers at universities with the goal of securing high-impact and successful solution offerings. We are looking for someone who is passionate about higher education and working with traditional universities to develop market leading value-based solutions.
Based at our headquarters in the Chicago Loop near Ogilvie and Union Stations.
- Engage with stakeholders at prospective universities to create, implement and sell Everspring solutions
- Develop and execute a contact management strategy and sales presentations that effectively produce opportunities at top prospective partners
- Create and implement sales solutions to drive business growth within Everspring’s target market of elite nationally and regionally ranked universities
- Lead effective and compelling conversations across all levels of prospective university partners to communicate Everspring’s value
- Engage university stakeholders (Provosts, Deans, Associate Deans, etc.) in problem solving to overcome internal hurdles and keep pipeline moving forward
- Operate as a sales leader to build and manage a healthy pipeline in order to exceed quota
- Act as a quarterback to internal teams at Everspring and with the university to explore and identify the best solution offerings and scope of services
- Communicate proactively with internal leadership at each phase of the sales process, up to and including solution implementation handoff to ensure a seamless experience for our University partners
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of Everspring’s customized and value-based solutions
- Regular travel expected and dependent on potential sales opportunities. Occasional travel to Chicago headquarters.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8+ years of sales experience with substantial recent experience in higher education; product and/or software sales experience preferred. Bonus points for experience working in enterprise sales or in a start-up environment
- Thrive in highly complex sales cycles and team-based selling environments
- Demonstrated success in developing complex services relationships:
- o Ability to cultivate relationships from the earliest stages
- o Excellent sales strategy and selling skills operating in a large scale, complex sales environment
- o Proven experience in building and developing senior client relationships
- o Excellent internal and external communication skills
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role:
- Deep understanding of higher education and online education service areas
- An enthusiastic self-starter with strong leadership skills who enjoys working in a dynamic team environment
- Is an outstanding verbal and written communicator with great interpersonal and organizational skills
- Embraces accountability and enjoys managing to defined goals and specific expectations
- Relationship oriented vs transaction oriented
- Impeccable integrity
- Proven track record of executing against aggressive growth strategies and delivering sales targets in excess of company expectations
Everspring is an equal opportunity employer.