Join some of the world's best problem-solvers, pioneers, and out-of-the-box thinkers.
since 2011, Everspring has partnered with leading universities to create a new standard of excellence in online education. Behind the curtain, you'l find a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative team environment, with colleagues who continue to shape the culture and success of our company. Our heart is in our work: these aren't your typical online education jobs - we're always striving to make a difference in everything that we do.
The Associate Instructional Designer role at Everspring is an ideal role for someone that has recently gotten their Master's degree and looking to gain experience in higher education course development with a successful, late-stage startup. The Associate Instructional Designer works within a multi-disciplinary course production team to translate traditional courseware into online formats in innovative and compelling ways.
Made up of creative services, instructional design and quality assurance, our Learning Design team inspires, engages and empowers each other to create the next generation of learning. This collaborative team works to translate traditional courseware into online formats in innovative and compelling ways to create innovative online courses for our university partners.
This is an on-site position in the Chicago Loop close to both Ogilvie and Union Stations
- Design and build assigned courses under the supervision of more senior IDs, creating innovative online courses that meet the quality specifications of our partner faculty and meet the deadlines of the Production Schedule
- Under the supervision of more senior IDs, communicate with faculty at our partner universities, guiding them in course development
- Collaborate with faculty to adjust content for available delivery methods to support desired learning outcomes, moving from a high level course plan to a detailed course design format
- Collaborate with a team of online course producers to produce and/or source multimedia learning objects (video, audio, interactive objects, simulations, etc.)
- Participate in the creation of Instructional Design team development materials, such as training, pedagogy, academic technology, multimedia production, accessibility, research, etc.
- Travel to partner university locations upon supervisor’s request (occasional)
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Is motivated by a passion to create outstanding learning experiences
- Has a demonstrated track record creating engaging, effective online programs, courseware or products
- Is an excellent and patient communicator, comfortable communicating with university professors, curriculum developers, and academic technologists
- Has experience and is comfortable working with a wide range of academic content
- Is a natural collaborator, but is capable and comfortable moving projects forward and driving results with empathy for the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Displays the highest levels of integrity
- Operates with a strong work ethic, requiring minimal supervision
- Interacts with others using sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced environment
- Wants to build and be part of a great team, doing a great thing
- Has a curious and creative mindset – enjoys change!
- 2-3 years’ outstanding work experience in writing, teaching, or curriculum development
- Bachelor's Degree required, in education, English, humanities, or related field.
- Master's degree strongly preferred, especially in instructional design, curriculum and instruction, educational technology, or related field preferably
- Superior ability with computers and software required; LMS experience preferred
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to hit challenging deadlines while creating high quality work