Join some of the world’s best problem-solvers, pioneers, and out-of-the-box thinkers.
Everspring partners with leading universities to create a new standard of excellence in online education. Our dynamic and innovative team shapes the culture of our company and powers our university partners’ success. We are not a typical online education company – Everspring’s unique approach influences everything we do.
Are you looking to get to the next level in your career journey?
Do you like working with great people who help support you and help you learn?
Does the prospect of building something new and innovative excite you?
If this sounds like you, then there is an opportunity you should know about…
There is an exciting role possibly waiting for you as an experienced cloud systems guru that has one foot planted in Security in the Cloud and the other in DevOps Automation. This role does not come around often, and we have an opening available for it. In this role, you will wear multiple hats, working closely with the developers to design and buildout DevOps Automation, while working with the Director of Technology to maintain our Cloud infrastructure. This is a forward thinking, and exciting role well suited for someone looking to get their hands dirty in a lot of different areas at a brisk pace.
This position reports to the Director of Technology.We’re located in the Chicago Loop close to both Ogilvie and Union Stations.
Cloud Engineering & Security
- Build and maintain reliable infrastructure and security services in AWS to deliver highly available and scalable services. Use native AWS infrastructure services such as EC2, EBS, Auto Scaling, Cloudwatch, etc.
- Basic system administration tasks such as configuring servers and applications, automating routine tasks, backup/restore, etc.
- Provision and maintain accounts/roles in AWS, manage VPN, install SSH keys, etc.
- Serve on the on-call team, and as an escalation contact for service incidents
- Build engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications across all environments and ensure integrity of security practices.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment and operations.
- Work collaboratively with all participants in agile software development project and support developers and testers as they set up their build Dev / Test environments.
- Automate everything to minimize manual work and meet security and compliance objectives in all aspects of the secure cloud ecosystem.
- Integrating automated software tests with the build process
- Script with deployment automation tools e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, etc.
- Implement automated high-availability deployments
- Become proficient in understanding how each software component, system design and configuration is linked together to form an end-to-end solution
- Minimum of 3 years as a DevOps/Sys Engineer (or similar position) in a production capacity
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Linux, Automation Tools (Ansible or Puppet), AWS Services (EC2, Network, ELB, S3/EBS, etc.) or similar Public Cloud platform, and scripting languages (Shell, Python, PowerShell or other).
- Knowledge of SQL & NoSQL databases
- Hands-on experience in working with security systems including firewalls, intrusion protection/detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management and content filtering etc.
- Knowledge of security concepts such as (cloud) Authentication, Authorization, web attacks (DDOS, SQL injections, person-in-the-middle, etc), securing web application, payload encryption & decryption, environment security, etc.
- Strong understanding of network concepts including TCP/IP, HTTP and TLS.
- A track record of delivering IT and application automation using these automation tools.
- Experience designing/deploying highly available middleware or application components.
- A willingness to be flexible in responding to customer issues as they occur, and the ability to identify product/deployment improvements to mitigate future occurrences.
- Experience with cloud hosted apps/service (AWS experience preferred, but Azure, Google Cloud or similar can work too) and able to translate business requirements into securely implemented capabilities in the Cloud
- Possess knowledge of systems infrastructure with domain expertise in areas such as networking, storage, high availability, cloud security, application performance, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related degree.
Everspring is an equal opportunity employer.