We're a secure, late-stage education startup looking for a digital marketing leader for our growing team.
The VP of Digital Marketing leads marketing efforts (primarily digital) to attract qualified students to online graduate-level degree programs with Everspring's university partners. Our partners are prestigious, highly-ranked and well-known traditional universities. The VP will manage and continue building a growing, high-performing team with direct accountability for generating highly qualified enrollment leads while managing associated costs. As senior leader, the VP will report to our SVP Marketing and will play a key client-facing role in managing successful university partnerships.
This is an ideal position for a hands-on marketer with a track record of category-leading results across online and offline channels, including SEM, display, email, social media, affiliate and direct marketing. While the role demands the sensibility of a brand marketer, translating the rich legacy of our university partner brands to a new market, it’s the data-driven, entrepreneurial smarts of a “growth hacker” that will set the perfect candidate apart.
Located in the Chicago Loop near Ogilvie and Union Stations.
- Work with senior leadership to design and execute an effective marketing program for our university partners
- Oversee day-to-day marketing activities, including:
- Digital advertising, including SEM, display, affiliate and email marketing
- Content marketing for the purposes of SEO, social engagement and lead generation
- Microsite management for university partners
- Creative services, including design and copywriting
- Inspire and motivate the team in development of innovative student acquisition strategies – maximizing existing channels and developing new channels we haven’t even considered
- Manage marketing budget for Everspring partners: Ensure actual results meet or exceed budget requirements, close management of cost per lead, cost per start and other key performance indicators
- Maintain an intimate knowledge of marketing analytics and leverage this knowledge to ensure efficient management of all marketing activities
- Manage and continue to build a growing, high-performing marketing team, including recruiting, performance management and professional development
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or equivalent professional qualification required. MBA preferred.
- 7+ years’ marketing experience
- 5+ years’ experience leading and managing a team
- Experience with marketing specifically for lead generation is required. Education industry is a plus.
- Deep, hands-on experience with digital media, including SEM, display, social, email and affiliate channels
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage projects from inception through execution
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter that gets excited about rolling up their sleeves and digging into the work
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional organization and staff management skills
- Mix of B-to-C and B-to-B marketing is preferred
Everspring is an equal opportunity employer